Tuesday 19 April 2011

Question Two: How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?

The second evaluation question involved looking at my two ancillary texts and judging how effective it was with the short film I created with my group members. My two ancillary texts were my postcard and short film review page. After being given a range of ideas of how to present our outcome I decided to produce a recording of myself explaining how my postcard and short film review page was effective. I also decide to add screen grabs into the post to illustrate what I was speaking about in the recording. I also decided to complete an additional task asking my audience on their thoughts on how my ancillary texts were effective.

I have inserted an image for the postcard and short film review page to illustrate what I am speaking about in the recordings. Each have screens shots from my main product with a coloured boarder. The colour of the border matches the Circe's drawn onto my two ancillary tasks showing where it has been effectively combined. The screen shots show the evidence I have from the short film Karma.

Effectiveness of Postcard
The first sound clip is myself speaking about how my postcard design is effective in the combination of my main product Karma. The image below the sound illustrates what I am speaking about.
Liam1 by MrsShipp100


Effectiveness of Short film Review Page
The second sound clip I have inserted is myself once again speaking about how I believe my short film review page is effective in combination with our short film. The image below the sound illustrates what I am speaking about.
Liam2 by MrsShipp100


Feedback on Effectiveness
After giving my thoughts on how effective I believe my two ancillary tasks are I decided to get feedback on what others thought was effective. In the end I decided to ask two classmates as they knew what they knew what they were speaking about. The first piece of feedback I received in the video was a classmate speaking about how effective they thought my postcard was while my second classmate spoke about how effective my short film review was.



After gaining the feedback I learnt that there were many effective points about my postcard which fitted with the main product created. I decided to ask two classmates as I felt they would have the knowledge and understanding to give me quality feedback. Before filming my two classmates I gave them both an image of my postcard and short film review so they could look at them while in filming. The first point raised in the video was the front design and how effective the chosen picture was. It was effective in relation to our film as the tension used in the postcard by choosing this image of Lucieanne effectively matched what the short film was like. He also mentioned that the style of writing was "eary". This matched in with our film and was effective as our film was like he said and our credits used the same font writing. My classmate also said the back was effective because it showed the director, cast and so on. This combined with our main product as it explained to the audience who help create it.

I also learnt my film review was "really effective", quoted from my classmate who gave the feedback. The picture was said to be one of the effective points as like in the postcard showed who the main character is in the short film. This connects the film review to our main product. The detailed box under the title was also brought up in this feedback as effective. It did combine to our film as it showed who created the final product. From this feedback my thoughts were back up on my short film review page which was it did combine with our short film, effectively.

After gaining this feedback on my two ancillary tasks my thoughts and opinions I recorded on this blog post have been backed up. The feedback I got was positive showing the parts which were effective that I had already and hadn't spoken about.

No comments:

Post a Comment