Monday 22 November 2010

Post 8: Decisions & Revisions

The first task i did to try and help me with choosing an idea for a film was writing down everything that came to my head on a powerpoint presentation. I had a slight idea on the genre route i wanted to go down and from that thought up ideas. The task was the basis of the next few stages which helped me go on to write my first script draft.

After researching into depth about scripts we finally came to the stage of producing our own. To help us come up with ideas for the script we went away and put down all the ideas that came to our heads. For me i wrote ideas down from a bubble of all the ideas i had in mind for a character. I then went onto bullet point an idea for what could be included in the plot of the short film.

After this page I then thought up of a world, character, need, want and obligation; something I looked at in post 7 when speaking about creating your own script. I then went on to make a very rough draft of scenes. This helped me allot to when i came to writing my script as I could refer back to it when writing out my first draft.


A new technique we was introduced to was an 8 way thinking chart. This linked back to the work I did in the earlier posts about creativity and involved being creative about the script i was thinking about writing. The eight words i had to think about was; Nature, Sights, Sounds, Actions, Feelings, Words, People. From these words I had to think about three different elements I could ask about. This was very useful as it really got me thinking about my script and the content. Below is an image of what the thinking chart looked like and what i wrote;

In the end i decided to name the script 'Telephone Box' this was in relation to the character i made up Jenifer (17). The message of the script was there is always a bright side to every situation but you just have to find it.

Synopsis
Jenifer is a teenager finding life tough and only just getting back on track with her life after a best friends death the years anniversary is approaching. Her relationship with her mother is falling apart while she turns to drugs and prostitution. Her views on life take a dramatic turn when she finally plucks up the courage to visit her friends grave after only seeing it at the funeral. We see her enter the telephone box numerous times to make calls to her dealers, but the scene she notices new hot line posters for help with life problems. With the piece of paper in her hand with the numbers of her clients and the hot lines in fornt of her we see Jenifer type in a number but is it for her the good of her or bad?

No comments:

Post a Comment